Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Life in Fast Forward...




With the holidays behind us and a new year coming we are anticipating many changes and couldn't be happier. This baby will be here so soon and I am starting to get overwhelmed with the idea of being a mother. I worry if I will be able to meet all of my sons needs and how I will be able to juggle daily life along with running a full time business with my husband. I know that God never gives us more than we can handle and he chose this timing for a reason, it's just a little scary at times. Aside from that we are soo excited and anxious for the arrival of our little Preston Carter. I can't wait to see what he will look like, what his little personality will be and how he will fit in to our lives.

Our crib is coming tomorrow and after that we will have everything we need for him to be here. I cannot believe how fast time has flown by and that he will be here so soon. Tyler and I are enjoying our last nights of quiet simplicity in front of the TV and squeezing as many date nights in as possible. Soon our lives will encompass a new life..one that we made together. It is so bizarre and wonderful to think about.

Along with the arrival of this little one, Tyler has been promoted to District Coordinator over a block of business starting January 1st. I am so proud of him and know that he will do such a good job. He has always been a great leader so this will be perfect for him. We will still continue with the major medical and group dental that we have been doing so far. Also, there is no deployment in sight as we had feared earlier in the year. One that was scheduled for his unit in October has been completely canceled (a total answer to prayer).

If you are reading this please keep us in your prayers as we prepare for the arrival of our son. Pray that he is healthy and happy and that we can keep our sanity when we aren't sleeping and adjusting to this new life. Can't wait to see what other exciting things are coming in the new year.

This past year has involved lots of change and getting adjusted to life in New Mexico (for all you Texans it's not as bad as you think...we are actually very happy here) God has blessed us in so many ways this year and we are very thankful for all of the wonderful things that he has done for us.
Posting a few pics from Christmas....

2 comments:

The Toogood's said...

Glad I got a new blog update! Love the pic's... & we are thinking about you guys! You both are going to be great parents!

Lindsey said...

So happy for you Rachel! You will be an amazing mother, and provide the best life possible for Preston. I'm glad you are enjoying New Mexico, I love looking at all of your pictures! I will keep you in my prayers, and just remember God has everything in control! :)